Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

PURPLE WHITE PURPLE WHITE FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

This weekend was ACU's homecoming...which means super busy weekend! This was my second weekend off since David and I got back from our honeymoon (keep in mind the first one was the weekend after the honeymoon). Before the weekend updates lets update you on work...I don't rememember in the last post if I told yall or not starting tomorrow I am on my own at work...very happy times but also very scary. Ok now onto the weekend. It started friday with Paul and his friends. We took them to the very very kiddy carnival (sorry guys) and I met up with Amber, Angela and Janaye!!! We had a girls dinner and the guys had a guys dinner. The night ended with me, Chris and David watching Tyra and 14 yr old girls wanting to get married and have babies...and I thought I was bad haha. Sat. I had GATA breakfast which was by far the best one I have ever been to. We laughed the whole time. Then off to the parade!!! Picture to come. Then off to the football game which ACU football is awesome and hasn't lost a game yet GO WILDCATS!!! After the game Michael and Lisa got to Abilene so off to dinner. After dinner was GIRLS NIGHT!!!! We had a slumber party at Janayes and played with her nephew.

Sunday was a special day for David. He is now working in Roby (about an hour away) as a part time youth minister. This is his first minister job (not being an intern) and he is super excited about it. We made the long trip out there sunday morning and he taught class. He did a great job...even making things up at the end. The church was small but has loving members. We stayed for the monthly potluck which had yummy PB&J sandwiches!!! I'm so happy for David, he has an amazing love for God and wants to share that love with everyone he sees. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this new adventure.
We ended the weekend just the two of us relaxing and reading. the way it should be after a busy and long weekend. I can't wait for next weekend. Some how I was able to get 2 weekends in a row off which means road trip for me. I'm making a much needed trip home!!! I can't wait to see my mom and dad!!!

No comments: