Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the world Mr. Lane Binkley!!! Ryan and Ning had their first baby boy today! He is sooo cute and tiny. I worked today so I as soon as I got off I went down stairs to meet Addy's (that's what we call Jason soon to be daughter). future husband. Babies are such amazing gifts from God.

Today was such a good day. It went by super fast, I had amazing patients, and it was my last day of orientation!!! After such a long road of working towards this day...it FINALLY happened!!! So starting tues I'm on my own. The only not so good part of my day is I had to do my first talk with a patient and their family explaining that there isn't anything else that they can do to treat her. (never a good topic) She is only 40 yrs old with 2 teenage boys...But I think it went well and they are more at peace knowing what to expect now.

So after a long day of sadness on the cancer floor where for the most part the people are leaving...it was soo nice to get to go to the baby floor where these gifts are coming!!! I hope to have some pictures up soon of Mr. Lane! and hope to babysit soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for all your accomplishments. God has been so faithful to meet your every need. You have such a precious heart to help your patients. You will be truly blessed because of the way you have used the talents God has given you. I can't wait to see you. Love, mom

Beth said...

Kristen,

Congratulations on making it through your orietation! You're going to be a GREAT nurse!

Also, so sweet of you to post on your blog about Lane! Even though you got to hold him first!!!

Hope to see you soon!