Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

TAKE FOLIC ACID!!!

This past week at work (well sat. and today) have been hard days...at least emotionally. I was the lucky nurse who got to take care a young lady who delivered a 6 month old baby boy with only half of his brain and head. They say it was b/c she didn't have enough folic acid that is required within the first 2 weeks. (most don't even know that they are pregos at that point) Anyways it has just been so sad to see what she has had to deal with. At least she got to hold the baby before he died. So what I learned from this...how important it is to take prenatal vit. even if I'm not trying to get pregos.

Ok so on a happy note. I have 2 days off. Only work 2 more days this week...and I have 2 more pair of scrubs left so I don't have to pay to go wash clothes b/c I'm going home to babysit my baby sister (Bonnie the dog). Girls night friday night (I think)!!! And I'm going to get my eyebrows waxed while I'm home!!! (yes that is weird to be happy about but yall haven't seen how gross they are) And what I am most happy about is I am on the couch doing nothing but blogging reading and have the cowboy game on mute while David is doing Greek with a friend at home...I DON'T HAVE TO STUDY!!!!

No comments: