Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

1 week old

Today is sweet Ava's one week birthday. I can't believe that it has already been a week. So this is what the last week has looked like. We came home on Wed. around 5:00. Jason, Shannon and Addy were had came in town to see us so we hung out with them, got some great tips.

The first night was rough. Ava didn't like her bed at all. As soon as you would put her down she would just get so mad. (we had been warned by the night nurses she didn't like her bed). The next night we learned real quick the trick, she likes to sleep sideways in the corner. But since then she pretty much sleeps all night except to eat every 2-3 hrs.

As of yesterday she has finally started staying awake more. Today she was awake for almost 4 hrs straight! She has been doing a great job with breast feeding...although we had a little bit of a struggle today.

All in all we are doing great. David and I are adjusting well. I think we are handling the lack of sleep pretty well. Tomorrow we go to the Dr. for a weight check. I hope that is ok since she isn't eating as often as she was.

Ok here are some pictures...hope yall enjoy them.

One of my favorite pictures...we are still in the hospital at this point

This is Ava and her Dr.
Sassy and Ava
David studying for midterms at the hospital

Shannon and Ava
Addy came 9 hours just to see her new cousin. They are going to be the best of friends!
Jason and Ava.
Addy meeting Ava for the first time...I think it was love at first sight.
We are finally getting to go home!!!
My new family
We are home!!!
Penny meeting Ava for the first time...She has done a great job with Ava. Nothing bad has happened yet.
Ava in her bed
My girls
Ava and Addy have matching Halloween outfits. My mom has the picture of them together. To be posted soon
I'm a big Sister!!! (Thanks aunt Shannon for my shirt)
First bath!!!



Pappy got me my first maglite!!! Pink and everything.
Watching her first cowboy game with her Daddy...her outfit says Daddy's first draft pick...it is super cute!
Once again Daddy studying with his baby girl
Or should we say Girls!!! haha
This is her 1 week picture. We have enough halloween outfits to wear a different one each day...

Ok Baby is starting to get upset. One more thing before I go. Please be praying for baby Sydney. She was born about a week before Ava and has had some major health problems. She has been on a vent, and a machine that works for her heart to give both a break. She finally got off of them over the weekend and they are waiting on scans to see if they get to go home today or tomorrow. Please be praying they get to take their sweet baby girl home.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow, Ava and Addy sure do look alot alike--cousins they are!!!! Definite family resemblance. Hope that you all are doing well on your own now, all grown up and everything. Love your pictures, keep them coming. Can't wait will I get to hold her.