Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Surprise!!!











SURPRISE!!! WE HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!!! Exactly one year ago this was our surprise!!! So for fun I thought it would be fun to tell the story of how I told David we were pregnant.

The day before I was working and having sharp abdominal pain. I asked Bertha (my charge nurse at work) what it could be. She told me I was pregnant...but this is the answer she gave me to everything. I blew it off all day but as the day went on the more worried I was that I might be. So after work I went to the store and got some test to take that morning. Hiding them as soon as I got home so that I wouldn't worry David about it.

The next morning I woke up early (think b/c of nerves) took the test...HOLY CRAP it is POSITIVE!!! First thoughts were how in the world am I going to tell David...he is going to be soooo mad!!! (two weeks before this he told me He was so glad we weren't pregnant that he wasn't ready to have a baby yet). So I hid the positive test in the bathroom and did the only logical thing...went back to bed and acted like nothing was wrong. Of course I couldn't sleep. I just laid there in bed. Poor David kept trying to cuddle with me...he had no clue what was about to come. I was trying not to tell him till that night b/c he had a major research paper due that day by 5 that he hadn't even started. Surely I could wait to tell him till then...NOT...I finally rolled over and said..."Daaaaavid"... "huh"... "I need to tell you something"... "what" (very sleepily) ..."ummm I love you"..."I love you too Kris"..."ummm there is something else too"..."what?"..."ummm I'm pregnant!!!" "WHAT?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!" "yes"....silence....silence..."for real?!?!!" I crawled out of bed and showed him the test...no denying it now...The rest of the day is a blank...lots of thinking and TONS of worrying/ freaking out from me. David on the other hand was VERY excited (shocking me). He was amazing and held me and supported me during all of my freak out...(I have the best husband).

So NO we are NOT pregnant again! Just wanted to take the time out to celebrate what we thought was the best/ scarriest day of our lives. Little did we know what was to come...our beautiful baby girl Ava Kate!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OMG GIRL!! I thought you were pregnant again!! I was like...oh my gosh.

Paul Ayres said...

I hadn't heard this story before. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I didn't know what the picture at the top of the post was until after I read. However, if I did recognize that, I probably would have been mad to open up the page, see that and then read "SURPRISE! WE HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!"