Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

I can't sleep...yes I am aware that it is only 10:40 but since David and I did go to bed around 9ish...I have been laying in bed wide awake for a while. My heart is just breaking for Colton and his family. The biopsy came back positive for VOD. One of the best ways it has been explained to me is...before transplant they give really high doses of the chemo to knock out any of his immune system. Because of such high doses it has damaged his veins to his liver. This doesn't allow his liver to work right, and there is no way to fix the damage. It pretty much puts you into liver failure, and the multi organ failure, then death. (from what I have been reading about 30-60 days)

He is only 22!!! He is too young for this! He is engaged to be married! Why does his life have to be cut short? Why does his family have to watch him suffer? He is at MD Anderson, by far the best place for him medically, but yet sooo far from him friends and family...not that he would be allowed to see them anyways since he has no immune system. Praise God his mother has been able to be by his side this whole time. I just even imagine what she is feeling. All I can think of is how I would feel if it was me and Ava was sick.---then I get mad at myself for not saving her cord blood. I just pray that while she is taking care of Colton, that she is taking care of herself...He needs her.

I know God has a plan, I know God has the ability to fix everything, I know God doesn't cause this that he is bigger than this!...but it still sometimes sucks.

All we can do is just give this to God, lift him and his family to God, lift up his Dr's, nurses, and caregivers to God.

Once again I beg all of y'all who read my blog to just stop and pray for him...he needs our prayers!!! Lana needs our prayers!!! Parker 7 (my floor at the hospital) need your prayers!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My precious, loving, caring Kristen. Your love and concern for your patients is your way of reflecting Christ to others. They will gain strength because of you. God will receive glory because of you and the life that Colton has lived. In the story of the blind man that Jesus healed, Jesus was asked if the man or his parents had sinned and caused his blindness. Jesus said his blindness was there to show God's glory as he was healed. it is so hard to see God's glory in another's illness, but our faith and the Holy Spirit helps us to understand. I continue to pray for all of you--and for you to feel comfort and joy from knowing Colton and allowing him to touch your life in such a precious way. I love you. Mom