Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

What is mine is now yours!

My whole life I have been told how beautiful my hair is. I have been blessed with beutiful THICK red hair...true it took me a VERY long time to like it...who wants to be the wierd red head?!?! Anyways, everysince I started working with cancer paitents my freshman year I have a theory on hair..."it's just hair" How can I sit there and help pull hair off of paitents and then have this beautiful long hair (I don't do anything with it but put it in a ponytail to get out of my way!). My cancer paitents would LOVE to have hair get in their way!!! So since then I have been growing it out and cutting it and donating it to either http://www.locksoflove.org/ or http://www.americancancersociety.com. (I don't know how to do the cool type a word and make it a link? Anyone know how?) Anyways 2 weeks ago I chopped all my hair off and here is it's!!!
Before!
AFTER!!!! I think I'm 10 lbs lighter!!!


After my hair cut David and I got to have our first over night date since Ava has been born!!! Our amazing friends Garrett and Stacey watched her while we stayed in a hotel in town and then went to see Legally Blonde! Which was I was shocked that it was AMAZING! (now somehow I'm linking to something but I don't know what and can't get it off!!!) Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Ava and I had to miss church today b/c I'm going to a funeral and David has to stay at church till 4, and my funeral is 1 hr away from Abilene. It's been another hard week on our floor losing some very close patients. But we are doing our best to show our resepct to them, and fight with the ones fighting by raising as much money as we can for Relay for Life!!! (please go to my facebook and donate under my name!!!)

2 comments:

Melody Forest McKee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody Forest McKee said...

First of all, one of my employees is Stacey, and she's married to Garrett. I was like WHAT?! Yeah, different Stacey and Garrett. :)
I am working up the courage to cut my hair off too.
To link, type the word, highlight that word, then click on the hyperlink icon (looks like Earth with a chain link above it). It will pop up a box where you just insert the web address.