Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dear Ole Sooner Youth Camp!

David and I went to help out at Sooner Youth Camp. He was a bible teacher for the youngest age and I was the nurse. It was so much fun. We had both gone there once as campers, but it was so much more fun as adults! We both grew a lot from it and got a much needed break from Ava. Speaking of that...this was the first time we had ever left her! She stayed with my mom and even got to have a couple of days with her cousin Addy! (I only have 2 pictures, more to come when I get my mom's pictures).

Ok back to camp. David was able to stay with our preacher from South Mac, and a couple other bible people. Which was nice for him to get to stay up all night and talk theology. Me on the other hand was on call 24-7...not too bad I never got woken up in the middle of the night...just several late nights! Best part of the week was we only had to send a girl to the dentist...no ER trips!!! Poor thing took one too many steps to catch the frisbee and just ate it...knocking 3 teeth out! She was such a sport about it. And was mad that she had to sleep in my cabin for a night...I personally think she was crazy...my cabin had AC and her's didn't!!! David was even able to get a preaching gig for next week! We can't wait to go back next year.




No comments: