Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Taking things for granted

Once again today I realized how blessed David and I are. We had our church shower a couple of weeks ago which I thought was one of the most humbling experiences ever. Here our country is starting to feel the pain of the economy but yet they showered us with so many gifts. I am still amazed at how much people love us. I went to bed that night thanking God for all of our friends and family, but yet I still took everything for granted. I guess I forget that not everyone is lucky as we are to have such a giving church and giving friends. Today my mom, Brenda and I gave my next door neighbor a wedding shower, which she had a great turn out and was also showered with gifts, but this was mainly just family and a few friends. After the shower we were talking to Katie’s mom and she was so thankful for us doing this shower because if we didn’t do it for her then she wouldn’t of had one. I just felt a slap in the face. Here David and I had a shower a few weeks ago with about 75 people and then we have another one this week! I guess it just made me realize today how truly we blessed that so many people love us and want to help us, I am just overwhelmed tonight. I guess I just assumed that everyone had 10,000 wedding showers because that is what I had seen with all of my friends. I don’t think I will be complaining anymore about writing or how many I have to write thank you notes…because I am so blessed to have to write so many!

Sorry I went on and on about that I just can’t explain what I am feeling right now. Anyways…This weekend has been so busy and is just the beginning of a even more busy week! Friday night and Saturday morning I wrote thank you notes and then that evening my parents and Sharon drove out to Abilene for Brett Walker and Rachel Harris’ wedding. It was by far the fastest wedding I have ever been too!! But she looked beautiful as well as the wedding be beautiful. It was outside with really nice weather and very very relaxed. Then we drove home that night getting about about 12:20am. Then today (Sunday) we went to church and it was Senior Sunday and I don’t know why but it is always my favorite Sunday of the year! After that we had Katie’s shower at my mom’s house. Then I had to drive again back to Abilene because tomorrow morning I have my employee health stuff for my BIG GIRL job!!!! After that I’m heading back to Irving because Tuesday I have my bridal pictures! But I will have to say that it is really nice being here back in my apartment! I love being at my parents but it is nice to get back home. I hope everyone had a good weekend…have a good week!

No comments: